Thursday 1 August 2013

Crazy Cars III

The first thing I thought when I started playing Crazy Cars III, was that the main menu was a lot like the one in Gran Turismo. Maybe even Burnout. But now, as I write this, I figure out maybe it's just me trying to assign some random influence from an old game to more recent ones, and I'll always be wondering now, unable to sleep at night, whether they actually based off their menu off of this one.

I digress.

I'm sure, absolutely sure.


Crazy Cars III, released in 1992 by Titus Interactive, is a nice little street racing simulator: you can pay fees to enter races and make bets against other racers. Betting's a nice way to keep you focused before you rage off into traffic, most times at daytime, because screw everything.

This game is an earlier version to Lamborghini American Challenge, a game that came out the next year which presented with a couple more features. The only reason I'm glad this happened is not because of the new features, but because they didn't use the name crazy cars anymore. What is this? The nineties?


These roads ain't ready for my rubber.

While you have only one car, it does get damaged. It's best to repair your car before every race, because game overs are easy to get and the police, which can actually be very insisting, will be trying to nail you down for racing at such fast speeds in these peaceful neighborhoods.

Don't fret, here's a gameplay video:
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment